Friday, September 16, 2011

Deals!

Thanks to everyone for sharing the great deals they found for their sukkahs! Today, my wonderful friend Jennifer told me about Jdeal.com. Who knew? Today's deal is a lulav and etrog plus a lulav holder for $35! Normally you'd pay $60 for just the lulav and etrog.

Thanks also to Caroline for telling me about a 5% discount for anything at The Sukkah Project from a fantastic blog called Kosher on A Budget.

The best deal of all? Last night during his Sukkot class Rabbi Abraham told me how to get sukkah roofing material for free. Every year the temple asks the town for some trimmings and they drop off lovely pine branches at the office for nothing! I asked my friend Barbara, Temple Sholom's office manager, if she could ask them for extra branches for me. Total savings: about $100, if I had paid for a bamboo mat roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment