Sunday, May 20, 2012

Screen-Free Week: The Aftermath

A couple of weeks ago, my family turned off the TV, logged off Facebook and dedicated seven days to doing more things together as a family. When it was over, we couldn't wait to go back to our old habits. But then something interesting happened--we realized we hadn't missed our screens as much as we thought.

Now, instead of heading to the television after breakfast, most mornings my four-year-old plays with his toys or creates something at his art table. I've stopped worrying that I missed someone's Facebook status update. (If it's that important, I'll find out anyway.) And Eric and I quit taping some television shows that we stopped caring about so that we don't have to feel like slaves to our ever-filling DVR anymore. All-in-all, I think Screen-Free Week was good for us.

Did your family go screen-free? Leave a comment and tell us what happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment