Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Visit From Shabbat Bear on Rosh Hashanah

Rosh Hashanah fell on a Monday and Tuesday, and we had some wonderful company visiting for the long weekend--Grandma Helene, Papa Stu ... and Shabbat Bear from Noah's preschool! Shabbat Bear takes turns going to kids' homes over Shabbat. We keep a journal of all of his adventures to share with the class. Here's everyone on Friday night. (Except me. I'm the one holding the camera, of course).


Shabbat Bear will have plenty to talk about this week at preschool. Sunday night, we were joined by Eric's sister Caryn and her husband, Dave. Based on what was available at Trader Joe's on Friday afternoon and what I already had in the house, I decided to make a brisket, mashed potatoes, haricots verts (that's fancy green beans) sauteed with garlic and shallots, and roasted wedges of acorn squash flavored with Maple & Spice Pepper from Savory Spice Shop in Westfield, NJ. (I highly recommend it!) And a big salad, of course.

After dinner, Eric and I ditched his family for services at Temple Sholom. Thanks for watching the kids, guys!

The next morning, we took Grandma and Grandpa with us to the children's service. Here we are before the kids had a chance to get all sticky at the apples and honey table:



But wait, the parties weren't over! We had dinner with Eric's whole family at his brother Adam's house that night and lunch with our good friends Tuesday afternoon. I have to say, it was one of the nicest Rosh Hashanahs I can remember. I certainly think Shabbat Bear enjoyed himself.

How did you spend the holiday?





No comments:

Post a Comment