Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shalom, Grover

I recently learned that treif is all the rage in Israeli restaurants, which is a huge change since I was there last. In 1994. Hmmm ... maybe I should travel more.

Anyhow, that bacon and shrimp are so popular in the land of hummus makes me think that Miss Piggy is more likely these days to be accepted should she decide to grace Shalom Sesame with an appearance. What made that pop into my head? Because my son is learning about Israel and Hebrew at camp, which made me decide to pick up a copy of  Grover Learns Hebrew at the library and play it for him when we got home and, from around the corner, I could hear it and for some reason that blue Muppet sounds a lot like that pink one.

And now you know how my brain works.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I didn't know treif was the big rage either. When I was there in 2006 I can't say I saw any treif going on, even at McD's. But perhaps it was because we were close enough to "Jewish" locations that wouldn't allow it? Of course I don't really eat that much treif, so its possible that I just didn't notice.

    ReplyDelete