Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shot Glass Passover Desserts

While browsing ThreeManyCooks.com*, I came across a recipe for Lemon Cooler Shot Glass Desserts. Don't those just look awesome? It got me thinking about what kinds of shot glass desserts I could make for Passover. And then it hit me--shot glass chocolate custards, topped with whipped cream and maybe some chocolate shavings.

I'm going to make the  Pots de Creme au Chocolat from Maida Heatter's Book of Great Desserts, one of my favorite cookbooks ever. It's the perfect custard for a shot glass recipe because the custard cooks completely on the stove, so I don't have to worry about putting them in the oven. (Custards are great for Pesach because, unlike puddings, the thickener is eggs instead of flour or cornstarch.)

What kinds of Passover dessert would you put in a shot glass?

*I met Three Many Cooks bloggers Pam Anderson, Maggy Keet and Sharon Damelio at a conference for the International Association of Culinary Professionals this weekend. Not only do they publish a fantastic blog, they are fantastic people! The three of them spent several hours over the weekend helping me improve this blog out of the goodness of their hearts. I can't thank them enough for their encouragement and advice. Stick around to see what I do with all of their great suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. We loved meeting you too, and so glad we could help you as so many have helped us.

    ReplyDelete