Friday, October 7, 2011

The Lulav Arrives

First of all, thanks to the New Jersey Jewish News for this article. Noah was so excited to see his picture on the front page!


My lulav and etrog arrived at the temple office today. Even though it's probably the busiest day of the year there, Barbara took the time to call me so I could come get them right away. They actually arrived yesterday, but the etrogs were so puny that they could pass for lemons, and one of them was green, so Rabbi Abraham had them send new ones to arrive asap. The new etrog is gigantic! Guess they took him seriously.


The lulav came in pieces. My good friend Rabbi Leah Doberne-Schor told me yesterday that when I got it I should refrigerate the myrtle and willow parts when not in use, so they're sitting on top of some leftover pizza. The etrog is in its box on my buffet table. Leah said I could refrigerate it, but then it won't smell as nice. 


Tonight is Erev Yom Kippur, so I hope everyone has a meaningful holiday and a good fast. By tomorrow night, that etrog is going to look pretty tasty. (Stay tuned after Sukkot for ways to serve a leftover etrog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment